Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Leverage


This is the time of year when I don't like to leave my house outside of going to work, band practice, and the store. 
Mostly it's cold, I don't like crowds and I received some video games for Christmas and they aren't going to play themselves.
Unfortunately our son feels the same way. He doesn't want to go outside and play or ride his bike. He wants to get grubby fingerprints all over my new tablet while playing Angry Birds Go.

Before winter break his teacher sent us an email stating that he just wasn't trying at his school work and if he kept it up his grades would suffer.
So during winter break he had to earn his video game time by writing stories, reading books, and going outside to play.

The other day he brought home his most recent progress report and he had raised all of his grades to A's and B's. So yeah, video games as leverage can be pretty awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment