Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On Being Female...

Brian and I had a discussion about my femininity on the way to band practice last night. He mentioned one of the things he loved about me when we first started dating was that I was smart, beautiful and seemed comfortable with myself in any situation. The latter was far from the reality I carried around in my head. I was comfortable in jeans, tshirts and Converse, basically the tomboy me was comfortable. Throw me in a dress, heels and makeup and I was a mess. Sometime in the last 12 years I lost weight, changed my wardrobe and the feminine Charlie gained some confidence in being female.
Now that I am a mother I want to make sure I'm teaching my son how to be a man, and how to treat women equally. Especially after watching this trailer ....

No comments:

Post a Comment