Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Summer!

This is Hayden's Summer before Kindergarten and I'd like to make it as awesome as possible for him, and the whole family.

10 things I want to do this Summer:

1. Go Camping- Hayden has been talking about camping for over a month now. I promised him we would go so of course I will have to deliver in the next few weeks or he'll go ballastic.

2. Go to the Beach- I really want to spend a day on the beach in California. I miss our Summer days at the American River, Muir Woods and Stinson Beach. We don't live far from (4 hours) from Los Angeles and really have no excuse (other than money) for not going.

3. More Swimming-Hayden has recently started to LOVE swimming. We plan on going to the pool often and now he's old enough to not let us slack on it.

4. Picnic- I long to have a sweet family picnic.

5. Scrapbooks- With changes happening in my band, I need to get caught up on the band scrapbook and I need to get caught up on Hayden's book. This really can be done anytime of year but is something I need to nail down soon.

6. More plants-Our house in Sacramento had a beautiful garden full of plants we both loved. Our current house doesn't have a yard but I have been trying to find potted plants that can withstand the Vegas heat. Hayden needs to learn about plants and their awesomeness at the same time.

7. Craft- Along with the band scrapbook, I need to get caught up on my crafts. I have projects half started and an office that desperately needs organizing.

8. Bike- I have a bike stashed at my dad's house collecting dust. I really need to get off my butt and either get a bike I will ride or skateboard. I miss the days when I was a kid spending all hours on my bike or skateboard. Hayden doesn't ride yet. He doesn't really have a rideable bike but we're hoping to remedy that this month.

9. Drive In- We still haven't been to the Drive Ins and our lack of motivation is starting to get annoying.

10. Popsicles- When I was a kid my mom made these awesome Kool-Aid pops in the freezer! I need to do this for Hayden. No summer is complete without home-made pops.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great list! Even if you hit just half of the items, he should remember the summer for the rest of his life!

    ReplyDelete