Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012 Redux


This Christmas has been the best yet. We had an amazing Christmas Eve dinner with our friends AJ, Chris, Dave, Rob, Claudia and her children Anthony and Vivian.
I love having a full house and doing my best at playing hostess to appease the part of me that wants to be domestic and another part of me that wishes for a bigger family. I got busy in the kitchen all day and didn't really get everything done that I had hoped to but everyone enjoyed the food and had fun for as far as I could tell.  I made a beef roast, ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes with cranberry sauce and Claudia brought over some amazing enchiladas. We ate, chatted, laughed and exchanged some gifts.


For the last month and a half Hayden had been counting down the days till Christmas. He would mark off the days on the calendar and remind us how many were left. This was the first year he was THAT excited. The so excited that he got super hyper around everyone and the so excited that he couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve. He's been singing all the time. Sometimes Christmas songs he's heard on movies, heard me practice in the shower and sometimes little songs he made himself.

At about 6:45am he came rushing into our room to use the bathroom. He came to cuddle with us and Brian asked if he had seen what Santa had brought yet and he said he hadn't. I was waking up slowly but hadn't opened my eyes yet when I heard his little feet run down the stairs. A few minutes later he came running back up. He whispered to Brian "DADDY, he brought me both the ninjas I asked for and a bunch of movies!"

We both got up and dressed and rushed down the stairs to revel in his excitement.

After presents and breakfast we spent the day watching new movies, building legos together, drawing on the chalkboard of Hayden's new desk, and enjoying every single minute of it.

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment