Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Healthy (metal) Living Recipe: Easy Chicken Tikka Masala

A few weeks ago I found a cooking sauce at the grocery store for Tikka Masala. I tried Chicken Tikka Masala for the first time at an Indian restaurant in Vacaville, CA. when I was pregnant with Hayden. It was great, a little spicy for me but a new taste I had never experienced before.

On sale for $2.50 I figured I would try my hand at it. The first run was good but a little bland, so I found an easy way to spice it up and wanted to share this awesome little gem of a recipe.

Easy Chicken Tikka Masala for 2 
(Chicken can be substituted for veggies or tofu for vegetarians)
Brown or White Rice prepared.
I use the boil in the bag rice so it cooks while I'm making the rest. 
2 Chicken Breasts cubed
1 Crookneck yellow squash sliced thin and small
1 green bell pepper sliced thin and small
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Red Curry
1 pkg of Tasty Bite Tikka Masala cooking sauce

In a splash of Olive Oil cook the chicken about 3 minutes.
Add sauce
Sprinkle in cumin
Add green pepper
Sprinkle in red curry

Saute for 10 minutes.

Serve over brown or white rice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment