Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Weekend Redux : Namm 2013 (last weekend)

We had a long weekend(last weekend)in Anaheim visiting NAMM.  It was a whirlwind of friends, lots of cool music gear, running into unexpected people, and driving all over Orange county in my "pimp ass whip" as our friend Steve said.
We got to hang out with our best friends Steve and Heather and we got to attend one of the coolest yearly events for musicians.

One of the best things about Brian is that he is so excited about everything. When he's around musicians he admires, he can't contain that excitement.  So NAMM is like Brian's Disneyland and I love all the pretty shiny music gear.

 This was a dope Batman comic book drum set from Rockett drums


This was a giant Sabian tower that shot out smoke. It was awesome. 



This was a beautiful green drum set I stumbled upon (literally I tripped on it). I wish I had nail polish this color. 


This company made amazing works of art with guitars. Unfortunately I don't think you can play them afterwards.

  
This is Brian with Fieldy of Korn.


We took a short break from the chaos to get a pic of ourselves. We were running on a few hours of sleep, after a four hour drive and four hours of walking around, we didn't look too bad. 



 This right here is an allstar group. That's Mike Inez of Alice In Chains, Rex Brown of Pantera, Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains and Charlie Benante of Anthrax.


Hayden Amps makes a cute little combo amp that would be perfect for my cute little Hayden.


We ran into Art Alexakis of Everclear a few times during the first day. 
I got up the nerve to ask him for a pic. 



 My camera started to act funny, so this pic is a little blurry. This is our friend Christian and his new Spector bass that was much more beautiful than my camera captured.


We also ran into our photographer friend Fred who snapped this shot with us and his pal Tyler.


We headed home on Sunday. I bought this top specifically for this trip, although it only saw the inside of my car.


Hayden was a perfect travel buddy as usual. He loved the first road trip in my new car.



We drove right into a storm but when we got back home in Vegas it was sunny.


This was our third NAMM trip and the best yet. We have many more pictures I didn't include, and had some awesome experiences I didn't get to capture. 
We had a great time and can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment