Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Why can't my Kid be more like my Dog?

Hayden has about four things he has to do every night for homework. Those four things take over an hour.  Mostly a half hour consists of him crying over making him redo his letters cause they're sloppy or him crying or me threatening to take away his video games cause he won't take this crap seriously.

Yeah, I won the award for "mother of the century" last week when I made him stand in the corner for not writing an e the correct way.

I just don't get it. I don't get why he doesn't enjoy putting all the crazy stories he makes up down on paper. He has a great imagination and comes up with the funniest things. BUT HE WON'T WRITE IT DOWN!

But Barley on the other hand, that dog listens to me. We trained him well. He sits, shakes, lays down, rolls over, leaves the room after he farts and we call him out on it, eats whatever we put in front of him, walks alongside us without a leash and I'm sure he would write an entire book in Latin if someone asked him to. At least I know I raised one right.



Hopefully the kid will learn from the dog. Someday they can write a book together about how much of a stickler I was; in Latin.



No comments:

Post a Comment