Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The good... the bad.

We have some really great things in the works for the band lately:
We are working with a crew to shoot our first music video, we just booked a show for October at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay and we're planning a Northern California show weekend in December.
All of these things have me stoked beyond belief just a week after I was completely frustrated with the stagnancy of the Las Vegas scene.
I had booked a couple shows at a local club to help out some bands, the club and try to make a couple bucks. The two shows and one event that I had booked, promoted and planned weren't too great. The bands barely brought anyone and I had myself designed, printed and dropped off fliers but still the attendance was sad. I was frustrated with the amount of time and effort I put into it to have such a poor turnout.
It's amazing to me how completely different the scene is here compared to Sacramento, especially in the way bands book and promote their shows.
I don't want to start the laundry list of things I would change about the scene but I'm glad I have an awesome partner in Brian who can listen to me gripe, console me and tries his best to make things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment