Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

School of Hard Rocks: A Happy place

The band is heading into the studio to record this weekend. We have six songs we're super excited to get down on cd and out into the world. Last night at practice I made the guys act like my cd player so I could write down all the lyrics for these songs that I hadn't put down in my notebook.

I love everyone of these songs and I feel like they are some of the best we've ever written. 
On top of that we just booked a show with one of the longest running metal bands in Vegas: Hemlock. 15 years ago I had an underground zine called The Spit, in high school. The first band I ever interviewed was Hemlock It was the precursor to a long career of underground music journalism and involvement in metal for me. On Halloween 1998 I got to see Hemlock play at the Huntridge. My good friend Scott and I got kicked out in the middle of their set for throwing smoke bombs into the crowd. It was a good time and one of the last shows I got to go to at the Huntridge. 
I am beyond stoked for this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment