Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sensitive Sick Day

Yesterday morning Hayden came into our room like he does every weekday morning and laid on our bed with us. I groggily opened my eyes and hugged him but when I focused on his face I noticed it was covered in dried snot. He said he wasn't felling well and wanted to stay home from school.
Because we're really broke right now and barley able to afford gas to get to work I didn't fight him. So we stayed home together. After medicating him and cleaning out his nose we watched movies, played robots, legos, and video games.
I checked my email with my laptop as he read one of his lego books. Neither of us were watching the tv when a movie came on after we watched The Cat in the Hat with Mike Meyers (which had way more adult comedy references than I remember).
The movie was Charlie St Cloud. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it but the beginning involves a very emotional event. Hayden asked me "What happened mommy?" and I looked up from my laptop to see this

He was crying. I explained what happened and asked him "Are you crying?" He looked over at me with wet eyes and said "AREN'T YOU?!?! That was sad!"
I went and hugged him and we had to have a serious conversation about ghosts and death. When the movie got a little lighter in topic I changed the channel and we ate mac and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment