Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cleanse.

The day of New Year's Eve I drank two gigantic mugs of coffee with my favorite chocolate and caramel creamer, took a deep breath and headed into my mess of an office/storage room/black hole with a door knob. My mission was to drastically reduce the clutter. One of my goals for 2012 is to get (more) shit done and I can't do that with a pile of clothes and papers covering my home work space.
Brian and Hayden helped me the holiday decorations down and we packed them away in their totes for another year.
I shredded some old papers, organized my bookshelves, and started making piles to donate to charity. I found two boxes full of VHS tapes or as Hayden likes to call them BOX MOVIES. In them I found a tape from when Brian and I first moved into our apartment in Sacramento in February of 2000. I also found a tape from our first band in 2001 Shovelfist.



I spent a good hour and a half watching these videos and reminiscing. I made Brian join me after a while and we reveled in our past and how far we've gotten since then.
We've accomplished a lot and physically we both look and feel better than we did 11 years ago.


Later that evening we toasted to 2012 with pink champagne, wonderful kisses and a promise that 2012 will be our best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment