Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Best. Show. Ever.

Due to some life that happened, I really didn't get to write about one of the best experiences I ever had as a vocalist in a band.
We got offered an opportunity to play at the House of Blues inside Mandalay Bay.  It's the biggest venue we'd been offered a show at so of course we jumped at the chance.

We practiced our eight song set as much as we could when Brian and I returned from Washington. All of us were excited about this show.
It was a local band showcase and we were playing with four other bands that we knew.

They gave us the third slot was a perfect spot for a five band show.
We got an awesome backstage room that we shared with one of the bands we're friends with.

I was quite nervous when I first walked out on stage. The crowd was all over the place and it didn't look like there was a decent size crowd, and I was wearing some pretty tall heels. But when Rob (guitars) struck up the first chord the crowd gathered in towards the floor and filled the area in front of the stage.
We performed great and in my opinion, put on a good show.











After our set we went out to the bar and greeted some of our friends.
One of the best feelings after a show is when people you don't know walk up and commend you on your performance.

We've had eight years of some pretty awesome experiences and shows, but overall this took #1 on the top 10 best shows in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment