Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Golden Glow

While driving to work this morning, kind of spacing out on the traffic in front of me, while keeping my 55 mph steady, a golden glow shot through my passenger window and warmed over my dashboard. I looked to my left and saw the towering gold building that is the Mandalay Bay hotel.
There are so things that make me hate living in Las Vegas; the people that are fake friends and flakes, the struggling music scene trying to compete with the entertainment on the Strip and the abundance of superficiality. Yet in that moment I smiled and thought of all the things I love about living here; the beauty of a huge landscape built of lights and shiny buildings, the fresh new generation thriving to build Vegas' art, literature, fashion and music, and the dreamlike glow of opportunities waiting to be captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment