Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Things I love about this season

These are my favorite things about this time of year....

1. Baking Goodies.I made some special treats for my friend's birthday gift last night. (I'll share more later. I don't want to ruin the surprise.)

2. Comfy blankets. I found an awesome soft throw blanket with skulls all over it at Ross in September. Hayden and I have been quietly fighting over it. He'll drag it upstairs to use in his bed and I'll drag it back downstairs to cuddle with on the couch.

3. Teddy Bear Sweaters. A long time ago I bought Brian this over-sized green comfy sweater. When he wears it I just wanna snuggle with him like he's a teddy bear.



4. Hot chocolate. There are so many yummy things to keep us warm but Hot chocolate is one of my favorites. If you add a half teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of chili powder to your hot chocolate it adds a little more kick that warms you right up. You can look up other great recipes for Mexican Hot Chocolate.



5. The colors. Fall's palette of rich reds, oranges, and browns are a standard but one of my favorite colors to rock in the fall is purple. I love my purple eyeshadow, nail polish, and sweaters.


6. BEER. Sam Adams has always been one of my favorite Beers. They have the best seasonal variety packs. This year they included an amazement called Black & Brew, a coffee stout. It's so new I couldn't find anything on the Sam Adams website about it.

7. Football.  Brian is the type of guy that has to watch EVERY game and last year he wasn't as into watching the games at home as much, but this year it's back to being fun.

8. Scents. A long time ago my mom bought me this awesome Yankee Candle Tart Warmer the fall and winter time is when I really love to use it. The seasonal scents warm up the house and last forever. I buy the tarts at Bed Bath and Beyond but you can browse all the available scents here http://www.yankeecandle.com/yankee-candles/tarts.

9. Apples. Apple tarts, apple pie, fresh apple picking. Who doesn't love apples?

10. Fuzzy Slippers. Anyone who has been to my house knows I love to rock my fuzzy slippers year round but they just seem extra special in the cold weather. I have a thing about bare feet and I have to either be wearing socks or slippers at all times when at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment